Tuesday 1 July 2014

Media

      

Media Studies


Why did you choose Media Studies?

I chose Media Studies because I had done Ict as one of my options and I found it very interesting and learnt a lot of skills. I decided I should carry on the Ict route so media came to mind. Also, a lot of people who done media told me it was a good subject to do if you like editing and creating things. You’re imagination is put to no limit. 

      Which part of the course are you looking forward to the most?

I am most looking forward to filming the music video and making the poster because i think it will be really fun. Also I really like filming videos and editing them because it is really nice to see what you have produce at the end.

What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn in media?

I     I would like to advance my skills on photoshop as I have been using it in ICT. I sometimes don’t work independently so throughout this course I want to work more independently than I am working right now because I sometimes ask a whole lot of questions to other people. I would also like to learn how to do different things using the camera to make the photo I take look unique.

What grade are you realistically hoping to achieve in Media?  

Honestly, I think I would be able to get a high grade like an A for my course work because I like analysing work and I also am used to writing a lot and with detail. I have had experience when doing ICT. For the exam, I don't think i'll do as well as i would with the course work because i sometimes run out of time and find it hard.

What was the last Tv programme or film you watched?

The last film i watches was the Hunger Games - Catching Fire as it is one of my favourites.

Why do you this the TV programme or film appealed to an audience?

I think the most appealing thing with this film is either the book or the actors/actresses that play the characters. People may watch this film as they have read the book which they find interesting. Characters are also a part of the reason i watched this film as 4 of my favourite actors/actress are playing a role of tributes in this film.

What technology have you used to access media in the last 24 hours?

I have used both my phone and laptop for different types of information to find out.

What device do you use the most to access media?

The devices i use varies as i sometimes use the laptop because when i am on Google, the current news is on  a slide show so that is how i find out what is going on around the world. However, i use youtube and different social networking sites with my phone as it's more private.

What is the main news story on the BBC News Website currently? Why do you think it is the main story?

I think the current main story is Suarez biting another Italian player at The World Cup match. I think this is the main story because thing hasn't happened once, it has happened more than once and he says he is sorry for what has happened but clearly doesn't mean it. In result to his actions, he is banned for 4 months and has gone back home to Uruguay until this ban it over.

What is the main news story on the Guardian Website (guardian.co.uk) currently? Why do you think it is the main story?

Personally right now I think the main story on the Guardian Website is Brazil's bid to win the World Cup for the sixth time has suffered a devastating blow after Neymar, Brazil's best player, was ruled out of the rest of the World Cup after fracturing a bone in his back during the quarter-final victory against Columbia. He was taken of the pitch after a knee to the back by Columbian defender, Juan Zuniga. It has been said Neymar will be out for 4-6 weeks. I think this news is very popular because Neymar is one of the most well-known football players in this World Cup and is said to be the strongest player for Brazil. Also, mostly everybody around the world who are able to access the media watch the World Cup so know what is going on and witnessed Neymar's injury.











No comments:

Post a Comment